Random Thoughts, Cricket, Movies, Music ...



Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Tsunami

The Tsunami calamity that has struck the South Eastern part of Asia and taken away more than 80000 lives (and still counting) is probably the biggest tragedy that I can remember in recent times. There is so much of sadness and despair all around. Added to it is an eerie feeling in my heart that many of the places that have been affected are known to me.

The Marina beach, the heart of Chennai, is my favorite spot of the city. Whenever my family used to go for vacations to Chennai, I would spend most of my free time at this beach (sometimes in Besant Nagar's Elliot Beach too). Of course, of late, this has become more commercialized (and also quite dirty), but there is nothing like a good evening spent sitting on the beach and enjoying the ocean. It comes as quite a shock to me to know that this very beach showed its turbulent self and caused so much of havoc.

Andaman and Nicobar islands is the place where we had our honeymoon and I have some wonderful memories of the place, of the friendly people there, of our travel agent who went beyond their means to make our trip so memorable, our car driver who tried his best to entertain us with his mix of Bengali, Hindi and Oriya songs ! - I don't know how they are all doing. I have sent an email to our travel agent - but I am yet to hear from them. The island is small but people out there are happy and wonderful. It is sad that they have to go through this tragedy.

I visited Trivandrum 2 years ago on a business trip. I had been to Kovalam beach a few times, during my stay there. I once went with Amit Guha, when he had come to visit me in Trivandrum and the other time, I had taken my parents to the beach. It is a lovely beach, though a little crowded and some of the sand is black. But I shall not forget the wonderful time that I had there. It is sad that this place was badly affected, though not as much as Chennai and the Andamans.

It is a moment of despair - let us take a minute of our lives and say a silent prayer for the affected people.

Love and God Bless !

6 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stumbled here using Google, I like what's here...good stuff.
cheap travel

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family vacation locations really don't matter if your family wants to enjoy time with each other; any location will provide the place to bond. Family Fun Vacation

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ford sioux city iowa

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

iowa health

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

longchamp handbags
adidas wings shoes
cyber monday 2015
true religion jeans
coach handbags outlet
coach outlet store
cheap football shirts
ugg boots on sale
longchamp handbags
michael kors uk outlet
michael kors outlet online
north face jackets
michael kors outlet online
nike air huarache
cheap ugg boots
tiffany jewellery
soccer jerseys wholesale
canada goose outlet
vans shoes
rolex watches,rolex watches,swiss watches,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex
mm1215

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Liu Liu said...

Patriots QB Tom Brady vs. Jets CB NFL Tom Brady Jerseys Darrelle Revis. Normally it would be a receiver vs. a cornerback, but the Pats have a Nike Free Run slew of underrated receivers to choose from -- nfl jerseys store Chris Hogan and Julian Edelman, for starters -- and in the last Jets-Pats matchup, Brady seemed to target Christian Louboutin Women Flat Revis christian louboutin shoes in key Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes spots. It's really no secret christian louboutin men flat why. Revis has had a miserable season and, while the Jets' secondary cheap nfl jerseys as louboutin outlet a whole has struggled, the ex-Pat has been one of the most NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys vulnerable spots. It's a good bet Brady will wholesale nfl jerseys do it again, especially if it works early. It's late in the season to be suggesting this, but it Nike Air Max 90 would probably a good idea if defensive christian louboutin uk coordinator Kacy Rodgers gets Revis some help. christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home