Random Thoughts, Cricket, Movies, Music ...



Friday, December 10, 2004

Skype - Internet Telephony at its best

Internet Telephony is here to stay - you might be hearing this quite regularly now. I got a first taste of it when I used Skype for the Voice chat with my team in India. I was just blown away with the quality of voice that I could hear.

It was simple to set up. Download the software from the Skype site, install it, Login and then call the other person. It is similar to Yahoo! Voice Chat in that sense, but its quality if far too superior. Interestingly, Skype uses the Peer-to-Peer technology for enhancing the voice quality. It comes as no surprise that the folks behind this technology are those behind KaZaa, the online music download site.

Internet Telephony, is indeed here to stay.

Cheerios !

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Broadband Phone Enthusiast said...

I was beginning to wonder whether the information that I seek is limited geographically to some degree. Thanks to the internet, I was able to find your blog and have access to this valuable information. I love to talk with people who share similar interests and it's great to interact with visitors of this website. I am always looking for high quality websites on this subject. If you know of any, please let me know. Thanks´┐Żvoip phone

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

pandora outlet
beats headphones
ugg boots sale
bottega veneta outlet
ralph lauren outlet
kobe 9
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
air force 1 shoes
hollister uk
nike free uk
air max 90
ugg outlet
christian louboutin shoes
oakley sunglasses
ray-ban sunglasses
nike running shoes
canada goose coats
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
ferragamo outlet
mm1215

 

Post a Comment

<< Home